Sunday, August 10, 2008

Riane Eisler's View

I heard an interview last week with the eminent social scientist, Riane Eisler, and was very impressed with her ideas and way of thinking. She was promoting her latest book, The Real Wealth of Nations and she struck a cord with me. I just spent an hour reading several of her articles learning about her philosophy of education and changes she feels are necessary in our ever-changing world. You can go to her website by clicking here.

As I have stated in previous posts, I like listening to other speakers. As I listened to Dr. Eisler, I realized I was listening to an
extraordinary woman. I read one article that goes into detail on what she calls the Six Keys To Partnership Education. You can read the whole article by clicking here.

Here are her six keys:

Tools
Values
Structures
Science
Integration
Inspiration

I encourage you to check
out this article, and others you can find on this page, just click here. I found all of her articles very informative.

In her sister website, The Partnership Education Institute, Dr. Eisler states,
"If we prepare today's children to meet the unprecedented challenges they face, if we help them begin to lay the foundations for a partnership world, then tomorrow's children will have the potential to create a new era of evolution."

I couldn't agree more. Change is one thing we must all address. How we handle it will be the key. Funny, that sounds like another familiar quote, "The problem isn't the issue, the issue if how we deal with the issue." I knew there was a reason why I liked what she was saying.

Later,

Mike



No comments: