Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

To all my Christian friends, I wish you a Happy Easter. It celebrates the day when Jesus was resurrected from his tomb and came back to life. Today, it has a special meaning to me since my friend, Jeff, whom I blogged about last week, is still with us and at the hospital. He has not moved to hospice and I am making plans to go to visit him again on Tuesday! It truly is a day to be thankful!

In that vein, and with tongue firmly planted in cheek, I want to share a very famous picture with you I am sure you have all seen before. In this Leonardo da Vinci painting of The Last Supper, I want to tell you what Jesus is saying.

Now, you need to know I do not have verification of the authenticity of this quote, but I found it on the Internet, and we all know, if it is on the Internet, it must be true, correct?

According to my source, Jesus is saying, Everyone who wants to be in the picture, come on this side of the table.


Click on the image to make it larger:

I know I called it a picture and it is really a painting, but cut me some slack, okay? After all, it is my blog! I know cameras were not invented until the nineteenth century and da Vinci painted this in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century. He lived from 1452 to 1519, but I got carried away.

I look forward to your comments.

Later,

Mike

2 comments:

Colleen said...

As a photographer of many, many years I fully understand the concept of directing "people" where you would like them to situate themselves for the best picture! He very well could have been uttering those very words, don't you think?

Ruona said...

After 3 glasses of wine tonight I can better understand your blog. Good one.

Ruona