Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Take This Awareness Test

A friend sent me this video the other day; and, I find it fascinating. It's easy to miss something you're not looking for. Check out this video which is a British ad to start seeing cyclists:The narrator asks, "How many passes does the team in white make?"



When we focus on something we are told to focus on, sometimes we miss other things in the picture that may or may not be important. We need to learn to focus on our goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them. That can be difficult if we have attention deficit disorder, a learning disability, a brain injury, or any other one of a number of issues that affect our ability to focus.
The fascinating part is once we see something we missed the first time, there is no way we can look at the problem the way we first saw it.

This reminds me of a great quote by Oliver Wendall Holmes. Click on the image to make it larger:


Please feel free to comment on what you saw in this video, or the quote.

Later,

Mike

2 comments:

Ma said...

hey - it's me again... been a while since I've had time to check out your blog, I've been knee deep in MCTC - YIKES, 'bout to graduate next week though! I just wanted to tell you that I love your blogs!!! Great stuff! I'm going to have to remember to keep checking back more often now that my brain can function a bit more normally without being overloaded by school - haha

Unknown said...

Hi Ma,

Congratulations! I guess it's a little past due. I just found your post. Thanks for the kind words. I'm having fun with this little project.

How is the job search going? Or, do you already have one?

Please subscribe to the blog on my Home Page, follow their directions - you know, play the game; then you'll get an email every time I put up a post. You can keep up much easier that way. :-)

Later,

Mike