Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

As if you have not already noticed, today is a significant number, 12-12-12. Does that have any significance, or is all of the attention being paid to the number just a waste of time? After all, we had 11–11–11, 10–10–10, 09–09-09 and so on in the last decade, and nothing happened of great significance on those days.

According to the Gregorian or Christian calendar, the next time three numbers will lie like that will not be for almost another century, as they did on 09-09-09, 10-10-10 and 11-11-11, will be on January 1, 3001, or 1-1-1.

I did a little research on what numerologists believe is the significance of numbers like these and received a number of different opinions. Surprise, surprise! Some even talked about the significance of the Mayan Calendar and how the world is supposed to end in nine days. I am among the people who believe it is not going to happen!

Personally, today has not been of very good day for me. Between all of the snow we received the other day, the entire parking lot being shoveled except for my spot, being threatened because of a mix-up in required paperwork I may have to go into a nursing home and not being able to pick up my van which is in the shop, and my medical insurance being suspended until all of the paperwork is found, I cannot pick up prescriptions, get my personal care attendants paid, or even be seen by a doctor.

I just got off the phone with my social worker who has assured me she will do her best to get everything straightened out tomorrow. In the meantime, I am without a ride, no way to get it, will probably miss my acupuncture appointment tomorrow and have a few more things I could whine about but I will spare you the details. 12–12–12 sucks! But, that's just my opinion.

As always, I welcome your comments; and please feel free to share your own 12–12–12 stories if you wish.

Later,

Mike

1 comment:

Earl said...

EVERY day is unique, special, never to be repeated. Cherish each of them.