Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Love My Parkinsons Disease

Yes, I was shocked too. My personal care attendant and I were on the freeway yesterday and drove up behind a car with I LOVE MY PARKINSONS DISEASE on the back window in four-inch letters like you would see on the front door of a house. We followed him for a while and eventually drove up beside him. I wanted to roll down my window and ask him what he meant by it.

I did not do that, but it has bothered me ever since. I Googled the sentence and found nothing. I cannot think of a reason why anyone would love Parkinson's Disease. Can you?

On another note: I have had some requests about the status of my book. Sadly, I have nothing to report. The publisher told me it would be ready by Thanksgiving. They told me it would be ready in one to two weeks when I submitted it November eighth.

I just received a call from the the publisher and evidently they sent me the proof, but I never received it. I am very disappointed. I wanted it to be ready for people who are not into football and had their Tryptophan nap to be able to read it Thursday afternoon or evening. I trust it will be ready and online soon.

I want to wish all my readers a Happy Thanksgiving, and keep checking back to see the status of I Still Believe In Tomorrow.

As always, I look forwards to your comments.

Later,

Mike

2 comments:

Earl Hipp said...

I don't know anything about Parkinsons, but one might honor the disease for the gifts, life-lessons, opportunities, humility, love, patience, appreciation for life (and much more)that sometimes comes to people facing a loss / major life changing event. There are always gifts in grief and maybe that's what it means.

Bill Rau said...

I cannot see why anybody would love Parkinsons Disease, my partner gets feed up with it at times.