Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Name-calling Week Is Coming

If you are a teacher or a student, you might find this especially interesting. I just learned of the project which was first done in 2004. This year the week of January 25-29 is dedicated as No Name-calling Week in schools all across the country.

You can learn more about the project and what you can do in your school by clicking here.


I know name-calling and bullying are huge issues in schools, and have been for a long time. I am glad to see an organized effort is taking place in American schools to combat the problem. I posted a bullying piece on January 17, 2008 you can read by clicking here. The numbers are truly amazing!

Check out their website and see if there is anything you can do in your school to help address name-calling, bullying, mean emails and aggressive behavior.

Here is another great website full of definitions, games, webisodes, ideas on how to address the issue of bullying and much more for people of all ages. Just click here to check out the Stop Bullying Now website.

As always, I look forward to your comments.

Later,

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made site!
Just thought this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/snow-white-party-supplies.html]snow white Party Supplies[/url].