Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Did You Do For Spring Break?

Me? You ask. On St. Patrick's Day, I decided to take a little vacation of my own in Abbott Northwestern Hospital, (at the behest of the emergency room doctor), and low and behold, six weeks later — I'm still here! Forty-two days and counting. I'm finally over the worst of it and am on the upswing. I need to be strong enough, and have my blood pressure stabilized to the point where I can sit up for at least four hours without having it go down to dangerous levels and I pass out. I'm hoping that will happen by the end of the week.

I'm also getting very tired of hospital food!

It's only been a few days since I've been able to type and even this post is slow and tedious. I've been at it for more than half an hour, and, "I'm not done yet." Like how I worked my quote in there? I still need a little help with some of the keystroke combinations which Mom has helped me with.

Yes, she's been up here every day helping me and teaching new nurses how to do my cares. I don't know where I'd be without her.

I've had a lot of time to do research for future posts; unfortunately, the hospital servers have so many sites blocked, I can't watch YouTube videos, read my Facebook page or even listen to my brother-in-law Jeff Farias' radio show. If you like listening to a good, intelligent, Ivy League-educated, progressive voice, click here to hear what's on The Jeff Farias Show today.

I NEED to get out of here!

Here's a parting shot to show you why I'll never grow a beard or a goatee:

That was only two weeks growth. I had to take a few pictures to make sure my web cam was working properly. I didn't recognize the old guy with the white beard! I don't think even Photoshop could do anything with this picture.

No comments required about the photo.




Joools said...

Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital for so long Mikey...as for no comment on the white beard...I like it, it makes me not have to feel so bad about my grey hair!!!

Jenni said...

I had a bad feeling something was wrong. I've been reading your blog so long that I know that you do a post once a week either Tuesday or Wednesday. When I saw that you hadn't done one for a while I knew something was up. I tried calling you to make sure you were okay but I got your answering machine. For some odd reason I didn't leave a message.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay now, however, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't doing good in the first place.

I know you said no comments needed on the photo but when you say something like that people are going to do the opposite. So about the photo I say "you're looking good, and nice gown!"

Anonymous said...


Sent you some cool emails and no response. I should have known you were making money at the hospital again. I'll call your cell tomorrow. Hopefully your Mom will answer. Don't give up!!